Project Specific Health and Safety Plan - Guideline
With Health and Safety becoming more and more enforced on Projects worldwide Contractor's will be required to demonstrate a positive attitude towards Health and Safety through the
implementation of a preventive management style. Most tenders now require you to submit with the tender:-
- Company H & S Policy.
- Summary of their recorded accident statistics for the last 5 years.
- One copy of their company H & S Procedures Manual.
In addition you may also be required to submit to the Engineer a Project Specific Health and Safety Plan within 28 calendar days of the award of Contract. The Health and Safety Plan should detail the following items and provisions to be implemented during the Contract.
• Company Health and Safety Policy statement
• Statement of Intent
• Statement of Commitment
• Date of Policy
• Director Responsible
• Project scope of works
• Control of Subcontractors
• Environmental Issues (dust, noise, pollution)
• Distribution of information and communication
• Protective Equipment
• First Aid
• Fire Precautions / Fire Plan
• Emergency Procedures/Evacuation
• Accident Reporting and Audit
• Record Keeping
• Method Statements
• Risk Assessments